21st June 1984
View of the Cross Arcade looking from Queen Victoria Street through to King Edward Street. There is a glimpse of the Leeds Permanent Building Society at number 18 King Edward Street. On the left is Sutcliffes for sport and leisure at numbers 23 to 25 Queen Victoria Street and Queensbury Jewellers at number 21. Nowadays this is part of the renovated Victoria Quarter, a prestigious shopping centre. The original shops and arcades were designed by Frank Matcham in 1902.