9th December 1980.
Image shows the former old Friends' School, located off Leeds Road down Cliffe Lane in a conservation area called Low Green. At the time of this image several small firms occupied the premises. The sign on the porch reads Aireborough Eng. Co. Ltd. Sheet Metal & General Engineers. The school was founded by the Society of Friends and opened here on 2nd April 1832. The site was chosen because of its pleasant situation between Leeds and Bradford. Pupils would take walks to Buckstone Rocks, Billing Hill, Yeadon Moor, Esholt Woods, Otley Chevin and Kirkstall Abbey as well as Crag Woods close by the school. During the winter Larkfield Dam and Yeadon Tarn would freeze over so pupils enjoyed sliding and skating sessions there. Girls were admitted in 1836 and a new Girls' Wing was added on in 1848. The Boys' Wing was re-built in 1864-5.