9th December 1980.
View of stone buildings originally belonging to the old Friends' School, founded here by the Society of Friends in 1832. The schoolroom was converted from an old wool warehouse with funding of £2,864 raised by subscription. The premises were purchased for £1,600 from Jonas Thompson of Rawdon. It was intended as a school for boys who would benefit, 'from religious care in education', who were of families not members of the Society of Friends but who attended the meetings of worship.