View of number 20 Ackroyd Street, a grocery business and off licence. Ackroyd Street is visible on the far right, but there is an entrance on Annie Street, seen in the foreground. To the left the shop is at the junction with Annie Square. In Kelly's Directory of the West Riding of Yorkshire for 1917 the shop was run by Horace Kenyon, Grocer and Wine & Spirit Merchant. There is some faded advertising on the exterior wall. At the right edge of the image there is the stone built Salvation Army Hall in Ackroyd Street. The foundation stone for this was laid in 1907 and the building replaced the old barracks in Albion Street.