leodis logo

Leeds City Council

Open archives compliant site

Supported by BIG Lottery Fund

Enrich UK Lottery Fund

Town Hall, market place


Town Hall, market place
Description:
Undated. Image shows the Town Hall, located in the centre of Market Place. It dates from 1845 and was built at a cost of £1,300, funded by public subscription. The stone constructed Town Hall replaced the old court house. The blue plaque on the exterior wall states that the Town Hall was built on the site of the old Chapel of Ease. Until 1895 the ground floor housed the Church School and upstairs was the Magistrates Court until 1962.

User Comments:
This photograph cannot be purchased due to copyright restrictions.