Image shows the Town Hall, located in the centre of Market Place. It dates from 1845 and was built at a cost of £1,300, funded by public subscription. The stone constructed Town Hall replaced the old court house. The blue plaque on the exterior wall states that the Town Hall was built on the site of the old Chapel of Ease. Until 1895 the ground floor housed the Church School and upstairs was the Magistrates Court until 1962.