13th December 1976.
View showing Manor Farm during the process of demolition. Built on the site of the ancient medieval manor, this consisted of a group of timber-framed, stone and brick buildings, which dated from various times between the late 15th and 19th century. Records of this farm date back to 1487 at a time when the manor house was in a state of decay and Henry VII leased the land to Roger Hopton with condition that he built a new house on the site. This he did, erecting the Manor Farmhouse depicted here. The view is seen from the north-west, showing the 18th century east wing on the left, with the stone built central range and west wing to the right of this. Just visible on the left is tower of Rothwell Parish Church.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.