View of the old Horsforth Library on Town Street. This branch was opened in 1917 in the Mechanics Institute building, seen here on the far right. In 1975 a large extension was built, being the main part of the library shown here, though the reference section remained in the Mechanics. The library has since been replaced with a new building in Town Street which opened in February 2006.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.