Image shows a stone with carved inscription inset above the door of Swillington Common School. It reads 'This House was added to the Adjoining School by the Liberality of Sir Charles H. Lowther Bart and Lady Lowther A.D. 1876. Deo Soli Gloria'. Swillington Common School is now demolished but once stood at the corner of Swillington Lane with Selby Road. Bungalows now occupy the site.