A wintry view from Highfield House in Gledhow Lane. It looks across snow covered gardens to a large property called Hillside, once the home of architect, Sidney Kitson. Behind Hillside the trees are in Bracken Hills Wood and at the right edge the trees are within the boundaries of Gledhow Park. On the horizon, left, is Gledhow Grange, a large property in Lidgett Lane. The estate was once owned by solicitor William Middleton Esq. By 1900, Gledhow Grange was owned and farmed by William Pollard.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.