Image entitled 'The Vicarage', Chapeltown. This substantial ivy - clad property is also known as Ivy House and is located in Church Lane, once next to the old, mid - 18th century church of St. Matthew that was demolished in 1935. A new church of St. Matthew was built 1897-98 in Wood Lane, but for a time the old church continued in use for burials and occasional services. Nowadays, the ivy has gone and Ivy House has been divided into flats and is part of a residential complex.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.