View of the Thackray Medical Museum on Beckett Street. Built in 1858-61 as Leeds Union Workhouse, it later became the Ashley Wing of St. James's Hospital. The museum opened on March 25th 1997, built around the collection of Paul Thackray, from the firm of surgical instrument makers started by Charles F. Thackray.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.