Image shows Cape Mills in Farsley Beck Bottom, taken shortly before the demolition of the chimney. The mills manufactured cloth for military uniforms from the early 1800s, worn at Waterloo, Trafalgar, the Crimean War, the Boer War and in the twentieth century, the first and second World Wars. The first tenants moved into Cape Mills in 1813 and were brothers Abimelech and Joseph Hainsworth. After the death of Abimelech in 1836 his sons continued the business and it eventually passed to the Gaunt family who were connected to the Hainsworth family by marriage. A sign in the background reads R. Gaunt & Sons Ltd. Nowadays, Cape Mills is the site of Cape Mills Industrial Estate.