Image shows Horsforth Hockey Club team photograph taken at the Bridlington Easter Festival in 1954. 2008 marked the 73rd year of the Bridlington Hockey Festival which plays host to over 500 players each Easter. Back Row, left to right; Charlie Robshaw, David Hewitt, Ernest Johnson, Ken Goddard, Sid Porter, Mike McDermid, Phil Ducker, Joe Bibby and Bill Pennistone. Front row, left to right; Steve Darlow, Ken Greenwood, Owen Goddard, Jack Fisher and Doug Penfold. Horsforth Hockey Club was founded in 1936 as Rawdon and District Hockey Club, but after the war became known as Horsforth Hockey Club. During the 1960s seven of the players were selected for the Yorkshire County Team and the captain, David Higham played for England. The name became Leeds Hockey Club and it was based at Horsforth School for a time with seven mens' teams and 5 ladies' teams. Leeds Hockey Club is now (2017) based at the Weetwood Sports Park.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.