View of Lydgate Mill Dam and Victoria buildings in Carr Road from a watercolour in Carr Road from a watercolour by local artist Fred Swaine (1858-1942). The mill engine was started up for the first time here on 17th May 1901, when the mill opened. It was owned by Alfred Watson of Woodleigh. His son Mr. J.W. Clifford Walton eventually became Managing Director.
Copyright Fred Swaine.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.