View looks west down the slip road off York Road
(A 64) from Woodpecker Junction and Marsh Lane. The junction is named after the Woodpecker Public House which stood at the junction with York Road and Marsh Lane but was demolished in January 1990 when construction commenced on Stage 5 of the Inner Ring Road. This shows the £7.5 million scheme well under way with the construction of the westbound flyover (centre). The eastbound flyover which is raised slightly above, right, was opened on 4th February 1973. The red brick church is St. Patrick's Roman Catholic Church on New York Road which opened in 1891. Overhead signage is for the Motorways (M1,
M621, & M62), and St. James's Hospital. The City Centre and westbound destinations are covered over while the new road is under construction. It opened in February 1992. In the process of being built, left, is Quarry House which opened in 1993.