Two workmen on an access platform are painting the footbridge over York Road Flyover. The footbridge crosses the road from Quarry House, the Department of Health and Social Security, (under construction at the time of this image) to St. Mary's Street. Behind the workers the playground of St. Peter's Church of England Primary School is visible with red brick walls surrounding it. The school re-located to a new site in Cromwell Street in 1993, situated behind the old site. The old red brick building dates from 1873 when it opened as St. Charles Roman Catholic School. The high rise flats in the background are Cromwell Heights, off Cromwell Street.