A workman on an access platform is painting the footbridge crossing the York Road flyover at Quarry Hill. It is adjacent to Quarry House which at the time was in the process of being built. The footbridge descends to St. Mary's Street at the other side, right. The red brick wall on the right is the boundary of St. Peter's Church of England Primary School, formerly St. Charles Roman Catholic School dating from 1873. St. Peter's School moved to new premises in September 1993. Below the footbridge is the eastbound York Road flyover which opened 4th February 1973.