View of the Parkinson Building of Leeds University on Woodhouse Lane, probably taken around the 1960s. Cars and bikes are parked in front. The Parkinson Building was named after Frank Parkinson (1887-1946), chairman of Crompton Parkinson Ltd, manufacturers of electrical goods, who donated £200,000 towards the cost. Designed by Thomas Arthur Lodge, the building was started in 1938 but delayed by the Second World War and completed in 1951.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.