leodis logo

Leeds City Council

Open archives compliant site

Supported by BIG Lottery Fund

Enrich UK Lottery Fund

Town Street, St. Peter's Parish Church


Subject ID:
2008314_166424
Location:
Rawdon
Subject Year:
Copyright:
The Francis Frith Collection
Class number:
FRITH/Box2/R237/RDO 5
Town Street, St. Peter
Description:
Undated. c.1901. View of St. Peter's Church, the parish church of Rawdon, situated on Town Street. Originally built in the 17th century by Francis Layton of Layton Hall as a chapel of the parish of Guiseley, the church was enlarged and much of it replaced in 1864 when Rawdon became a parish in its own right.

Corrections:
Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks. Email corrections
This photograph cannot be purchased due to copyright restrictions.