View of the River Wharfe and Wharfemeadows Park taken around the 1950s or 1960s. Rowing boats can be seen lined up against the steps. Boating was a popular pastime in the park from its early days, having started on 6th May 1925, the year after the park opened. Though the boats were revived for a spell in the 1990's they have been absent from the river for some years now.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.