Image shows part of a flight of three-rise staircase locks on the Leeds and Liverpool Canal, built between 1770 and 1777 and numbering 8,9 and 10. They are located between Kirkstall Lock in the direction of Leeds(number 7) and Newlay Locks, in the direction of Rodley (numbers 11 to 13). Known as Forge Locks, they are situated opposite the site of the now demolished Kirkstall Forge. The locks are constructed with dressed millstone grit walls and have steps on each side. Steel foot bridges have replaced the original single wooden bridge on the downstream side of each lock gate. Forge locks are Grade II listed.