This image shows the original News Room situated at York Road Library on the southern side of York Road. The library opened in 1904 with an adjoining public baths, and is now grade II listed, although in a delapidated state. In the foreground, left, magazines were arranged and through the arched windows there is a view through to the original lending library, also on the ground floor. Beyond the arches on the far right there is a porch and vestibules at the main entrance fronting York Road.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.