Image shows the rear of the former York Road Library, a red brick Grade II listed building dating from 1904. For many years, from 1947 until 1985, the premises were in use as a Library Headquarters, which, prior to the re-organisation of 1974, housed the Circulating Department for the smaller branches. The Bindary department on the top floor remained until the 1990s but the building has since been vacant. Recently (April 2008) the property has been listed for auction in the category of 'Vacant Commercial'. It is located on the south side of York Road (A 64) at the junction with All Saints Terrace.