Image shows the detail of the mosaic floor in the lobby of the former York Road Library on the south side of York Road (A 64). The building, which dates from 1904 and is Grade II listed, has been standing empty since the 1990s when it was vacated by Leeds City Libraries Bindary department which occupied the upper storey. It is presently (2008) up for auction and has planning consent for office accommodation. The mosaic, which features the Leeds owl, an emblem of the city of Leeds, is seen here in a neglected state as the whole building is in need of extensive renovation and refurbishment.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.