Interior view of the News Room within the former York Road Library located on the southern side of York Road. In a much neglected state the building is currently (2008) listed for auction along with planning permission for commercial use. It is Grade II listed and dates from 1904, incorporating originally both the library and public baths. The building was designed for the Leeds Corporation by H. Ascough Chapman and he has made use of the distinctive green Burmantofts tiles to decorate the interior walls. The section in the corner, right was designed to house the magazines.