Image shows a closeup of the terazzo floor in the entrance porch of the former York Road Library situated on the southern side of York Road. The floor, which had recently been cleaned here, has a circular motif depicting the Leeds Owl perched on two crossed, stylized branches with leaves and berries. Below is a burning oil lamp. The design is executed in tiny mosaic tiles in a palette of white, black, greys, beiges, yellows and oranges. The motif is surrounded by the terazzo floor in the same colours but in a random pattern. This, in turn, is surrounded by a black, white and yellow/orange mosaic border in the ancient Greek key pattern. At the time of writing (2008) the Grade II listed former library and public baths is to be auctioned with the inclusion of planning permission for commercial use. The building was designed for the Leeds Corporation in 1902 by architect H. Ascough Chapman and opened in 1904. It was sold by Leeds City Council in 2005.