Image shows the former lending library on the ground floor of the Grade II listed building dating from 1904, which housed, as well as York Road Library, the public baths. The red brick building is located on York Road (A64) near the junction with All Saints Terrace. It was built to the designs of architect, H. Ascough Chapman and opened in 1904. In need of complete restoration and renovation the building is shortly (2008) to be sold with planning permission for commercial use ie. office space. The arched window to the left overlooked the front entrance porch and there is a door to one of the vestibules just beyond it. The counter originally ran between the two arched windows in the centre, making a narrow 'space for public' as described by Chapman. The lending library would have been to the right. Through the arched windows there is a view to the green tiled News and Magazine Room. There is a Mezzanine Floor above once housing the upper part of the lending library.