View of Church Side showing St. Oswald's Church, the parish church of Methley. A church has stood on this site for over 1000 years, with remains of Saxon foundations existing under the present floor; the Doomesday Book also mentions a church and priest in the village. Most of the present building is about 600-700 years old, but the spire shown here dates from the end of the 18th century; it was removed in 1937.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.