23rd March 2008.
Image shows All Hallows Church from the north-east side. The church, in Church Lane, is steeped in history, with part of the west tower dating back to Anglo-Saxon times. The chancel to the left was enlarged considerably in the first quarter of the fourteenth century. The small door, bottom centre opened into a small vestry of which only the foundations and west wall remain. The vestry was likely to have been built c1375-1400 (Kirk). Beyond the west wall of the vestry is the north chapel which is believed to date from 1521 (Kirk). The adjacent north aisle was widened around 1375-1400. All Hallows Church is Grade 1 listed.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.