View of Kippax Park, one of the most magnificent buildings in the village of Kippax, the seat of the Bland family for many generations. Originally built in the 17th century, around the time of Sir Thomas Bland (c1614-1657), the first Baronet Bland of Kippax Park, it was extended in the 18th century by the 6th Baronet, Sir John Bland. The family continued to live in the house until the death of John Davison Bland in 1928, after which the house and contents were sold, but it was left to become derelict and was eventually demolished in the 1950s.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.