View of Creskeld Lane looking north towards the junctions with Arthington Lane and Warren Lane. In the centre a couple of horses harnessed to a cart stand in Creskeld Lane, with another animal waiting behind them. This is at the entrance to Creskeld Grange Farm which can be seen through the trees at the right-hand side of the road. A herd of Friesian cows known as the 'Creskeld Herd' were established here in 1921 and were sold only recently (2013). At the left edge, the chimney in the distance is part of Arthington Pumping Station (Leeds Corporation Water Works) and behind it there is a glimpse of Wharfedale Viaduct (also known as Arthington Viaduct). This was designed by railway engineer, Thomas Grainger and built between 1845 and 1849 to carry the Leeds to Thirsk Railway over the River Wharfe. Also in the background Almscliff Crag is visible on the horizon, left. Creskeld Villas can be seen behind the tree on the left-hand side of the road.