Image shows York Road Baptist Church which dates from 1872. It was built at a cost of £7,000 in the classical style to designs by architect, Mr. W. H. Harris. It has a pedimented front, a balustraded parapet and plain columns. The 750 seater church is approached by a broad flight of steps which are 27 feet or over 8 metres wide. (Description from Kelly's Directory of Leeds for 1906.) Another image on Leodis, dating from 1934 shows the church without the steps (2002815_64632815) and there are two workmen with a wheelbarrow in the background. Perhaps these are 'before' and 'after' pictures of a renovation scheme.