View of Cottingley Hall Farm looking towards the south taken in the 1930s. The view shows the farmhouse surrounded by a walled garden. Part of the farmhouse, known as Cottingley Hall, is believed to have dated back to at least 1556 when an Adam de Clapham was recorded as living there. Christopher Hodgson added a new wing in 1616. The farm was demolished in 1947 to make way for the Cottingley Housing Estate but it is believed that the trees seen here are the ones which are still standing on the housing estate today.