View of a ruined stone wall of the gardens to Killingbeck Hall. The Hall was built in the early 18th Century by the Brooke family. It was sold by the then owner, the Hon. Emily Charlotte Meynell-Ingram in 1898 to Leeds Corporation. The Hall became the administration centre of the Smallpox Hospital which opened on the site in September 1904. The hospital was converted to Killingbeck Sanatorium for the treatment of tuberculosis c1913, and cases were transferred there from Seacroft. A small separate Smallpox Hospital was built on the Killingbeck site. Image courtesy of John Garnett.