The pathway in the foreground, right, leads to the former Killingbeck Smallpox Hospital. It was built on a separate site to the main Killingbeck Sanatorium which, from 1912, was used for the treatment of tuberculosis. The site chosen for the small Smallpox Hospital was that of Killingbeck Farm. The tall Lombardy Poplars stood at the entrance to the hospital.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.