Image shows a sketch map of the former site of Killingbeck Farm, taken from the OS map of 1933. In c1915 it became the site of Killingbeck Smallpox Hospital, centre, and the old farmhouse was converted to the administration block. At the same time the main Killingbeck Hospital was converted to a sanatorium for the treatment of tuberculosis cases and part of this site is seen to the right. Wykebeck Valley Road runs up the left-hand side joining Foundry Lane at the top. The old route of Foundry Lane is also visible as it crosses Wyke Beck over an old stone bridge. Wyke Beck meanders along the line of Wykebeck Valley Road. Stretching south-west from Foundry Lane to the site of the old farm are a series of lynchets. These are evidence of cultivation of the land in the form of banks of earth left by continued ploughing over many years. They are believed to date back to at least Medieval times. Thre is also an ancient sunken lane which is still visible running between Old Foundry Lane and the farm site. Image courtesy of John Garnett.