Image shows the former site of Killingbeck Hall in the winter time when there is a heavy frost on the ground. The Hall was built in the early eighteenth century by the Brooks family and replaced an earlier building which still remained on the site in a ruinous condition until the 1860s.
The later hall was vacated in 1881 and remained empty until it was purchased by Leeds Corporation in 1898 for £21,000. It was then converted to become
part of Killingbeck Hospital (the administration block). The Hall was finally demolished in 1978. A new housing development, York Dale, is visible in the background. It was built by Shepherd Homes. Image courtesy of John Garnett.