6th March 1936.
View of York Road showing (from right) nos.252-262, part of a block known as Carlton Terrace. On the left, by the junction with Ivy Street, nos.262 and 260 are soon to be opened as a branch of Herbert Brown & Son Ltd., pawnbrokers and jewellers. No.256 and the upper floor of 254 have notices in the windows saying 'Not to let', while the ground floor of 254 is occupied by G. Depledge & Co. Ltd., iron and steel tool merchants. On the right, no.252 is a surgery, belonging to David Livingstone, physician and surgeon.