5th November 1938.
View of the south side of York Road showing empty buildings prior to slum clearance of the area. On the left, next to the junction with Sloe Street, are the former premises of T.A. Laycock, butcher, at no.38, then at no.36 the former shop of Mrs. Sarah Swaby. Further along are the junctions with Rodney Street, Vincent Street and Plaid Row, with the Fleece Inn situated between the latter two streets.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.