27th October 1911.
In the foreground is a cleared area off East Street, situated between Zion Street, on the far left, and Cavalier Street, off the picture to the right. The large building on the left is noted as a Mission Room on a 1910 map. It is at the end of a row of back-to-back houses. A group of children are gathered in the centre to pose for the photograph, in front of a wooden fence which surrounds Hardwick's Yard. An open door on the right of it leads in to the yard. To the right of the picture is the entrance to Judson's Yard.