21st May 1975.
The famous Shire horses of Joshua Tetley & Son Ltd. have pulled a dray from the brewery in Hunslet Road to the Leeds Archive Department. Traditionally used for delivering barrels of Tetley's Ales, the horses and wagon have transported the records of Joshua Tetley & Son Ltd in the care of retired brewer, Mr. Cooper. Mr. Cooper is seen handing over the records to the archivist, Mr. J.M. Collinson. They will then be safely deposited in the archives. The archive department, seen in the background, is the former Sheepscar Library building, dating back to 1938. It stands at the corner of Roundhay Road and Chapeltown. Nowadays, the Archive department is known as West Yorkshire Archive Services and is run by a joint committee of Councillors from five West Yorkshire District Councils of Leeds, Bradford, Calderdale, Kirklees and Wakefield.