Image shows Reverend Michael Townsend, Chairman of the Leeds District, in Farnley Hill Methodist Church. Behind him is the double decker pulpit, one of the original features of the church. The interior of the church is unspoilt, retaining also the box pews. It is Grade II listed and is the earliest example in Leeds nowadays of a methodist church. In 1997 the congregation of Farnley Hill Methodist Church celebrated the Bicentenary of the opening of the original chapel in 1797. The present building replaced it in 1827.