Image shows members of the congregation of Farnley Hill Methodist Church as they take part in the Bicentenary celebrations dressed in 18th century costume. Various decorated stalls are arranged around the room, including a cake stall on the left. Farnley Hill Methodist Church opened on 5th June 1797.In 1819 a two-storey building was added to the south-west side of the church. The first floor was used as a Sunday School and the ground floor as a house. There was an outside staircase to the upper room. This was the first of many additions to the original building.[Extracted from 'Farnley Hill Methodist Church, 1797-1997' by Miss Mary Scholfield.] The building is now Grade II listed.