In this image Bicentenary celebrations are underway at Farnley Hill Methodist Church. The original chapel opened in 1797 and present day church members have dressed in the costume of the late eighteenth century. Behind the couple, Eddie Owen and his wife, is a stall selling bric-a-brac. The earlier building was replaced in 1827 by the present Farnley Hill Methodist Church, and this building is now Grade II listed.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.