Members of Farnley Hill Methodist Church are in costume as 18th century serving maids on the occasion of the Bicentenary. The celebrations mark the date of 5th June 1797 when the original Farnley Hill Methodist Church first opened. The present building, dating from 1827, is now Grade II listed and the oldest surviving methodist church in Leeds. The ladies wear white blouses beneath velvet bodices and frilled aprons. Their caps are trimmed with lace and red flowers. They were helping with the organisation of a cafe and stalls. Farnley Hill Methodist Church is located in Stonebridge Lane.