Tinted postcard showing the spectacular waterfall at the southern point of Waterloo Lake in Roundhay Park. When the park first opened to the public this waterfall was known as the 'Lovers Leap'. Cascades are constructed from rock and the rock-face reaches a height of about 60 feet (approx. 18 metres). Waterloo Lake was completed in 1815 and was named after the Battle of Waterloo of that year.