Tinted postcard showing West Bar and postmarked '17th September 1907'. This is looking from City Square down Boar Lane. At the right edge the domed Yorkshire Banking Company Building can be seen, and Bishopgate Street is off to the right. Royal Exchange Chambers is visible at the left edge at the corner with Park Row. A blue plaque was unveiled in 1989 at the Bond Street Centre in Boar Lane. This marked the site of the original West Bar stone at the western border of medieval Leeds adjacent to the Manorial Park. There were five other boundary Bars; Burley Bar, Woodhouse Bar, North Bar, East or York Bar and South Bar.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.