14th March 2007.
View showing the site of the former High Royds Psychiatric Hospital, taken durings its conversion to a residential village. Originally opened as the West Riding Pauper Lunatic Asylum in 1888, High Royds was one of the last remaining Victorian asylums when it closed in 2003. In the foreground the ground has been dug over in prepartion for new building, while in the background some aleady completed new housing can be seen.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.