Image shows Aberford Almshouses with the local Hunt in the foreground. The Almshouses were designed by George Fowler Jones and built between September 1843 and May 1845 at the instigation of the two Gascoigne sisters, Elizabeth and Mary Isabella. They were in memory of their father, Richard Oliver Gascoigne, who died in 1843 and two brothers Thomas and Richard Silver who both in 1842. The Almshouses comprises of 8 X 2 storey units, four on each side of a central entrance, right, displaying the Gascoigne coat-of-arms. They were designed for the occupation of retired workers from the Gascoigne Estate, four men and four women. Leeds City Council sold the Almshouses after 1976 and the buildings were eventually restored and converted to business and office space. The development was renamed Priory Park and is situated off the west side of the main street in Aberford.